Privacy & Cookies Policy
Who We Are
We are Skyview Ballooning Ltd, trading as Kent Ballooning, our address is Suite 226, 26 Cheering Lane, London, E20 1BD. You will find our contact details at the end of this Notice. We are the “data controller” for the purposes of GDPR. This means that we decide how your Personal Data is processed and for what purposes.
What is your Personal Data
Personal Data is data that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. We might be able to identify you from the data itself or by linking that data to other information we have access to. GDPR tells us how we must process your Personal Data.
How we process your Personal Data
We comply with our obligations under GDPR in the following ways:
• by keeping Personal Data up to date;
• by storing and destroying it securely;
• by not collecting or retaining unnecessary or excessive amounts of data;
• by protecting Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and
• by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect Personal Data.
We collect the following information for the following purposes:
• Placing an order – When you place an order with us, for either yourself or someone else, we will collect and store some Personal Data, such as name, telephone number, email address, address and postcode. This is to deliver your order to you and liaise with you in the future on matters relating directly to your flight.
• Booking your flight – If someone else has placed an order with us and you are the recipient or passenger (Voucher holder), then we will gather similar information about you too, including your weight, when you contact us to book a date for your flight. But don’t worry, we only collect the information that we need and no more.
• Text Messages – From time to time we may send current passengers a text message with details of flights available at short notice. This is all part of our contractual obligation to you to get you on board one of our flights. You can choose not to receive these text messages at any point by replying to one of them with ‘STOP’ but that will mean you will not be offered flights that are available at short notice. We will never text you about anything else or again once you have taken your flight with us.
• Photography – We take photographs during our balloon flights and we may use these photographs on our social media pages and as images in our printed materials as you would reasonably expect. They say ‘a picture says a thousand words’ and our photography is vital to our marketing. If you do not wish to be included in our photography then please let your Pilot know prior to your flight.
• Trip Advisor Reviews – After your flight we may contact you by email using Trip Advisor asking you to provide feedback about your experience. TripAdvisor will only use your email address for this purpose and you can unsubscribe from the email at anytime using the link contained within it. You will be sent a maximum of 3 emails requesting feedback and no more.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
When placing an order with us or arranging your flight with us we process your personal data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. We cannot send your Vouchers to you or fly you in our balloon if we don’t have your details to liaise with you! When we take photographs during our balloon flights the legal basis for this type of processing is legitimate interest.
How long we keep your personal data for
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. We may retain some information for a period of time after you, or the passenger, has taken a flight with us, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other website
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights and your Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
• The right to request a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you, without any charge.
• The right to request that we correct any Personal Data found to be inaccurate or out of date.
• The right to request that your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to keep it.
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing we carry out at any time.
• The right to request that we provide you with your Personal Data and, where possible, to send that data directly to another data controller.
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Data, to ask us to restrict further processing.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office and to seek legal recourse.
Please email your request to our Data Protection Officer, Chris Timson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we wish to use your Personal Data for a new purpose, not covered by this Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use. We will do this before we start processing for the new use. We will set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing. This privacy notice was last updated on 5th December 2023.
If you have a problem, complaint or, if there is something you don’t understand, please contact us first using the following details – Skyview Ballooning Ltd, Suite 226, 26 Cheering Lane, London, E20 1BD or at email@example.com.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded onto your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a web site. They are used for many different reasons, a few common ones are to store your preferences, track items in a shopping cart or remember your username and password when you ask a site to ‘remember me’. If you would like to find out more we recommend visiting www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We use some cookies when you browse this website to ensure the site runs properly and to help us improve your experience when browsing. None of the information we gather via cookies identifies you as an individual – it is all entirely anonymous.
By using this website you are agreeing to the terms and information set out in this policy including the usage of the following cookies:
|We use Google Analytics to understand how people use our site. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site loaded, and so on. All data collected is completely anonymous, it does not identify you as an individual in any way. Most websites use some sort of analytics program like this.
|Olark (live chat software)
|Olark is a 3rd party service that provides the Online Chat window you can see in the bottom right of the screen. They use various cookies to track what page you are currently viewing and to manage page loading resources. No personal information is stored in these cookies. We use Olark to give you the opportunity to start a conversation with us and to provide excellent customer service.
|Expires when you quit your browser
|These cookies are used by our online shop to allow it to function correctly. They are essential cookies.
|WordPress is the Content Management System (CMS) that runs this website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not set at all. User data is all anonymous.