Why choose Kent Ballooning?
Here are the reasons why we believe Kent Ballooning are flying high above our competitors.
Our Chief Pilot
- As the longest running balloon company in Kent, we were established in 1990.
- Excellent local knowledge. Our pilots live in Kent and will point out local landmarks and places of historical interest. They are truly passionate about what Kent has to offer.
- We have more ground crew than any other company. Our Spitfire balloon has 3 ground crew plus your Pilot. This means we don’t insist on your help with the inflation or rely on you to pack the balloon away and load the basket onto the trailer, like most balloon companies. You can just relax and enjoy your experience.
Your local balloon company in Kent
- We only fly in Kent, 7 days a week, morning and evening between mid April until mid October. Some companies boast over 100 launch sites but only have 10 or so Pilot’s and balloons covering them all. You could be waiting months to book a date from a local launch site. All our launch sites are easy to get to, most are within 3 miles of a motorway junction.
- Weather Insurance comes as standard. We won’t charge you extra. If you are unlucky enough to have your flight cancelled on 2 occasions due to unsuitable weather conditions then we will extend your Flight Voucher for a further 3 months. Find out more about our Weather Insurance in our Terms and Conditions.
- Our current sponsors are Shepherd Neame and Holiday Extras, two of Kent’s biggest brands. We have worked with Kent Messenger Group (KM and KMFM), Adscene Newspapers, Invicta Radio, NFU (National Farmers Union), Chunnel Plant Hire and Corel Draw to name but a few. Kent Ballooning is a local, well recognised and trusted company.
Our award winning customer service
- When you contact Kent Ballooning you will be talking to a member of our small efficient team. They deal with all enquiries and flight bookings. Many passengers comment on the exceptional level of personal service that we give. Much better than a generic call centre with a lack of knowledge!
- We are the only balloon company in the South East to have been awarded a Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice Award consistently since 2013 when they were first introduced. We are very proud of this accolade which is awarded for our commitment to innovation and exceptional customer service.
- In a recent customer survey, our passengers rated us as having excellent customer service and 100% of our passengers said they would recommend us to a friend. With us, it’s not just a once in a lifetime experience – you’ll want to come back again and again!
We go the extra mile
- We don’t offer you just one glass of champagne after your flight. Relax over a few glasses whilst you browse your in flight photos. Soft drinks are also available and for ale lovers there is plenty of Spitfire courtesy of our sponsors, Shepherd Neame.
- An excellent passenger safety record. Our Spitfire balloon basket was manufactured to our own larger specifications, including seats, for unrivalled comfort and safety during your flight and landing.
- All of our equipment is impeccably maintained with our balloons being inspected annually. As you would expect, we hold a full CAA Air Operators Certificate (DBO.085).
- A unique, state of art on board digital photo system, giving you a complete history of your balloon flight. Whilst you enjoy your champagne after your flight you can browse your photos on an iPad and order a USB drive.
- Return to the launch site in the comfort and safety of our fully licensed PSV minibus. We are one of the few hot air ballooning companies in the UK who have a bus operators licence to offer this service.